Wednesday, November 26, 2008

EDM Podcasts

Picture of students
The first podcast that I listened to was about how technology was used in classrooms here at south Alabama. The people talking were Kerrie Owens, Hannah Nowlan, and Katherine Bentley. The fisrt thing that they discussed was the use of folioteck in the college of education, which is an online portfolio that is used to complete class assignments. They also talked about usa online, which is used by both students and teachers to communicate assignments and such. The discussion of the topics was very good but I felt that they should have divided up talking time better. I thought it was very good that they also talked about the downside of some of the technology, but the podcast just seemed kind of scattered.

Picture of youtube discussion groupThe second podcast that I listened to was by Adrienne Lynch, Joylyn Reese, and Brian Stevens. This topic was about how youtube could be used as an educational tool. One of the things that they talked about was how it could be used for classroom project or a presentation. This podcast also seemed kind of unorganized, however, and I felt that the subject was not developed as much as it could have been.

Picture of websit discussion groupsThe next podcast that I listened to was about websites that could be used by Elementary teachers, and it was by Rosilyn Harris, Marlena MArsh, and Tomeka Washington. They discussed different websites that they found that could possibly be useful to elementary teachers. I really liked this podcast because it couls actually be helpful to me as an educator. The only downside of this podcast was that there was a lot of quiet time, but overall it was really good and very helpful!

Picture of Last LEcture Discussion groupThe last podcast that I am going to discuss is actually my own. The students in my group were Brett Kittrell, Taylor Irvin, Jenny Mosley and I. Our topic was the Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. We simply discussed the lecture, how it affected us, and what kind of lessons that we pulled from it. I felt that we definitely could have dug a lot deeper into our topic and that there was a lot of quiet time. Looking back on it now, I wish we would have discussed more about how we could use the lessons we learned later on in our careers.

No comments: